- The RotoGro / Gibio partnership is progressing well with delivery and installation of the latest 8’ organic rotational hydroponic gardens now complete.
- The 8’ Organic Hydroponic Garden design provides for removal of the growing drum, automated harvesting and washing of crops, replanting as well as reinstallation of the growing drum for the subsequent cultivation cycles
- Gibio’s first facility will consist of 420 RotoGro 8’ Organic Gardens which will allow for the harvesting of thirty RotoGro 8’ Organic Gardens per day
- All of the design criteria and scope documents for Gibio’s first facility will be completed during Q1, 2019 to provide for breaking ground on the first flagship facility is projected for Q2, 2019
- RotoGro have a 20-year exclusive, manufacturing, technology and service contract for all rotational garden systems required for Gibio’s perishable food production facilities globally
- RotoGro currently own 9.09% of Gibio and can subscribe for a further 40% equity interest in Gibio
Roto-Gro World Wide (Canada) Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Roto-Gro International Limited (“ASX:RGI”, “RotoGro” or the “Company”), has entered into a binding letter of intent with organic perishable foods grower, Gibio Inc. (the “LOI”). The LOI provides for RotoGro to subscribe for up to 49% equity participation in Gibio and includes a 20-year exclusive, manufacturing, technology and service contract for all rotational garden systems required for Gibio’s perishable food production facilities globally.
Gibio Inc. a company located and incorporated in St Apolinaire, Quebec, Canada for the purpose of developing large scale perishable food growing facilities globally (“Gibio”). Gibio’s mission is to develop environmentally responsible local farms which defy traditional growing seasons to enable sustainable, socially responsible and traceable organic produce all year round. RotoGro’s Rotational Hydroponic Garden Technology and Gibio’s bespoke growing know-how ensures produce is grown with maximum efficiency, minimal water and without pesticides or herbicides.
Gibio and Roto-Gro Inc have been working together over the past 18 months trialling, testing and customising the RotoGro Rotary Hydroponic Garden System with Gibio’s growing know-how and bespoke substrate technology. The RotoGro / Gibio partnership is progressing well with delivery and installation of the latest 8’ organic rotational hydroponic garden now complete. The 8’ unit has been undergoing design changes and enhancements to cater for removal of the growing drum, automated harvesting and washing of crops, replanting as well as reinstallation of the growing drum for the subsequent cultivation cycles. Upon finalisation of the soil feed system and nutrient delivery as well as the working space requirements for automated harvesting the final design inputs can be captured in the building design. Gibio’s first facility will consist of 420 RotoGro 8’ Organic Gardens which will allow for the harvesting of thirty RotoGro 8’ Organic Gardens per day.
The President of Gibio, Gino Poirier states, “We are very pleased with our partnership and progress to date. The RotoGro System is the heart and soul of our proposed facility with all other facets of the facility driven by the technology and innovation provided by the RotoGro team. The ability to automate removal of the growing cylinder and place it on a conveyor for removal of the trays, washing, harvesting, re-planting and reinsertion of the growing cylinder seamlessly back into the RotoGro Unit provides for cost savings and operational efficiencies not seen before in the urban farming sector.”
RotoGro Managing Director, Michael Carli states, “The agricultural know-how of the Gibio team provides great insight into the challenges faced in large scale commercial growing operations. Being a shareholder, technology and service provider ensures our goals are completely aligned ensuring a cohesive and harmonious approach to problem solving and innovation. We are pushing hard to meet the ambitious targets we have set for breaking ground on the first flagship facility during the course of Q2, 2019. The RotoGro and Gibio teams have worked extremely hard to get us to where we are today, and their continued effort through weekends and late nights is inspiring and exudes their passion for the Company.”